Robinhood Fernando Cariño Padilla or simply known as Robin Padilla (born November 23, 1967, Manila, Philippines) is a Filipino action star who earned the showbiz moniker "The Bad Boy of Philippine Action Movies" during the '90s when he played cold-blooded gangster roles in movies like "Anak ni Baby Ama", "Grease Gun Gang" and the title-roler, "Bad Boy 2".
He is the younger brother of actors Rustom Padilla and Rommel Padilla while he is the older brother of Royette Padilla.
He was one of Viva Films' top hitmakers alongside Sharon Cuneta and Andrew E.illegal possession of firearms and spent time in jail. He was released in 1998. A self-confessed former drug addict, he Return to IslamAbu Sayyaf Kosovo died in a firefight with special forces during the attempted escape of Abu Sayyaf leaders from the heavily fortified prison facility, Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City. However, his reign as "Bad Boy" was cut short when he had been arrested in the mid 1990s of while in jail. He was also a close companion of a fellow Balik-Islam Gene Gallofin a.k.a. Jamil Ghaleb while serving in the penetentiary,who is known for his islamic rights activism. A controversy arose recently when Padilla's bodyguard alias "Kumander Kosovo" was tagged by the Philippine authorities as an leader.
Shortly after his release from jail, he had reinvented himself as a versatile actor who can do justice to different film genres ranging from action to drama and comedy. His first film after his release from jail was "Tulak ng Bibig, Kabig ng Dibdib", where he was paired with Maricel Soriano. After his comeback film, he opted out of his exclusive contract with Viva Films and was allowed to do movies for other film outfits including Star Cinema Productions, FLT Films , Millennium Cinema and GMA Films.
Robin crossed over to television via the ABS-CBN comedy show "Pwedeng-Pwede", which teamed him with Kris Aquino and Redford White. Again, setting a trend among Philippine action stars, he was the first action star to topbill a daily action-drama series, "Basta't Kasama Kita" opposite Judy Ann Santos. In 2005 he did two movies: the horror thriller "Kulimlim" and the comedy "La Visa Loca". He got rave reviews in the latter movie and received Best Actor honors in the 2006 Urian Awards.
Padilla is currently a contract artist of GMA Network and starred in the top rating TV series Asian Treasures (which ended on June 29, 2007) with Angel Locsin, the series was shot all over Asia, the first Philippine TV series to do so. He has also signed a two film contract under GMA Network's film outfit GMA Films; first was Till I Met You with Regine Velasquez and was a blockbbuster hit, the second one will be a dramedy with Mega Star Sharon Cuneta, under the direction of Jose Javier Reyes, and is scheduled to begin filming this October for a 2nd quarter of 2008 release.
Robin, an anti-malaria advocate since 2004 appealed for media support for his cause against the dreaded disease, to help his Muslim brethren (in the press briefing of Department of Health's Movement Against Malaria). As MAM spokesperson, Robin said he engaged television networks in the campaign for the use of mosquito nets. His MAM posters are now being sent to rural health clinics all over the country. Robin also collected 1 million Philippine pesos for the Muslim cemetery in Norzagaray, Bulacan.
Padilla flew to Turkey to attend a conference concerning the Liwanag ng Kapayapaan Foundation, a free preschool he built for Muslim children in Quezon City, which opened in 2007. Meanwhile, after his top-rating action-adventure series, Asian Treasures ended, Robin is set to do a Jose Javier Reyes film opposite Sharon Cuneta.
On September 15, 2007 he donated 2.5 million Philippine pesos to the Muay Association of the Philippines. On March 7, 2008 Robin Padilla suffered minor injuries while taping a motorcycle stunt for Joaquin Bordado, in Subic Bay, Zambales.
He has four children, a son named Ali and three daughters Queenie, Kylie and Zhen-Zhen. He owns a house at posh Pines Ville Street, Greenview Executive Village, Barangay Sauyo, Novaliches, Quezon City, where thieves stole his Motorola cellular phone and a 357 Luger, a German-made handgun loaded with 6 bullets, on May 3, 2008.
- Tatak ng Bilangguan - Anak ni Baby Ama 3 (2010) .... Anghel (Viva Films and GMA Films)
- Kulangism (2009)
- Sundo (2009)
- Ikaw Pa Rin, Bongga Ka Boy! (2008) .... Boy (Viva Films)
- Blackout (2007) .... Leon (IMUS Productions)
- Till I Met You (2006) .... Gabriel (Viva Films & GMA Films)
- La Visa loca (2005) .... Jess Dela Cruz (Unitel Pictures)
- Kulimlim (2004) .... Bien (Pelipula)
- Astig (2004) .... Jake (Viva Films)
- Alab ng lahi (2003) .... Nanding (FPJ Productions)
- You and Me Against the World (2003) .... Paolo Guerrero (FLT Films International)
- Jeannie, bakit ngayon ka lang (2002) .... Badong Bulaong (Viva Films)
- Videoke King (2002) .... King (Star Cinema)
- Hari ng Selda — Anak ni Baby Ama 2 (2001) .... Anghel (Viva Films)
- Pagdating ng panahon (2001) .... Manuel (Viva Films)
- Buhay kamao (2001) .... Pepe (Viva Films)
- Ooops, teka lang... Diskarte ko 'to! (2001) .... Dario Daliaga (Star Cinema & FLT Films International)
- Kailangan ko'y ikaw (2000) .... Gimo Domingo (Viva Films)
- Eto na naman ako (2000) .... Abet Dimaguiba (Millennium Cinema)
- Tunay na tunay: Gets mo? Gets ko! (2000) .... Nick Abeleda (Star Cinema Productions)
- Bilib ako sa'yo (1999) .... Gatdula (Viva Films)
- Di pwedeng hindi puwede (1999) .... Carding (Star Cinema & FLT Films International)
- Tulak ng Bibig Kabig ng Dibdib (1998) .... Lando (Viva FIlms & FLT FIlms International)
- Anak, pagsubok lamang (1997) .... Eric (FLT Films International)
- P're hanggang sa huli (1994) .... Brando Ermita (Viva Films)
- Mistah (1994) .... Mario Carino (Viva Films)
- Lab kita, bilib ka ba? (1994) .... Carlos & Billie (Moviearts Presentaion) (Directed by: Fernando Poe Jr (as Ronwaldo Reyes))
- Di na natuto (1993) .... Ishmael (Viva Films)
- Oo na Sige na "Magtigil Ka Lang" (1993) .... Bongcoy (Viva Films)
- Makuha Ka Sa Tingin (kung puede lang) (1993) .... Elcid (Viva Films)
- Gagay: Prinsesa ng brownout (1993) .... Cameo Role (Viva Films)
- Engkanto (1992) .... Matador (Moviestars Production)
- Manila Boy (1992) .... Diego/Manila Boy (Pioneer Films) (Directed by: Arturo San Agustin) (Produced by: William Lao Executive Producer)
- Miss na Miss Kita: Ang Utol Kong Hoodlum 2 (1992) .... Ben (Viva Films)
- Bad Boy 2 (1992) .... Bombo (Viva Films)
- Grease Gun Gang (1991) .... Carding Sungkit (Viva Films)
- Ang Utol Kong Hoodlum (1991) .... Ben (Viva Films)
- Maging Sino Ka Man (1991) .... Carding (Viva Films)
- Hinukay Ko na ang Libingan mo (1991) .... Elmo & Anton (Viva Films) (Directed by: Manuel "Fyke" Cinco)
- Anak ni Baby Ama (1990) .... Anghel (Viva Films) (Released Date: 9/26/1990)
- Bad Boy (1990) .... Dombho (Viva Films)
- Walang Awa Kung Pumatay (1990) .... Narding (Four n Films) (Directed by: Junn P. Cabreira) (Written by: Andy Beltran (story and screenplay) and Jun Lawas (story and screenplay)) (Released Date: 4/25/1990) (Produced by: Noel Nuqui ... Associate Producer, Junn P. Cabreira ... Producer, Manuel Nuqui ... Executive Producer (as Manuel M. Nuqui)) (Production Designed by: Noel Luna and Joey Luna) (Music by: Rudy Cabrales and Demet Velasquez) (Art Directed by: Rod Dela Pena) (Assistant Directed by: Johnny Ramirez (as Johnny M. Ramirez)) (Cinematographered by: Val Dauz and Rudy Dino) (Art Directed by: Rod Dela Pena) (Film Edited by: Popoy Crisostomo)
- Barumbado (1990) .... Eric (Cine Suerte) (Directed by: Willie Milan) (Released Date: 3/7/1990)
- Sa Diyos Lang ako Susuko (1989) .... Romano (Viva Films) (Directed by: Manuel 'Fyke' Cinco) (Written by: Renato Villanueva (story and screenplay) (as Rene Villanueva)) (Produced by: William C. Leary .... Producer, Eric M. Cuatico .... Supervising Producer, Vic Del Rosario Jr .... Executive Producer) (Production Designed by: Randy Gamier) (Music by: Jaime Fabregas) (Sound Department: Rolly Ruta .... Sound Supervisor)
- Hindi Pahuhuli ng Buhay (1989) .... Nanding Valencia (Viva Films) (Directed by: Joey Del Rosario) (Written by: Augusto Buenaventura (story and screenplay)) (Production Designed by: Bobby Bautista) (Music by: Jaime Fabregas) (Sound Department: Rolly Ruta .... Sound Supervisor) (Cinematographered by: Ver P. Reyes (Director of Photography))
- Delima Gang (1989) .... Pedring Delima (Bonanza Films)
- Eagle Squad (1989) .... Cpl. Marata (Viva Films)
- Carnap King: The Randy Padilla Story (1988) .... Randy Padilla (Cine Suerte)
- Sa Likod ng Kasalanan (1988) .... Omar (Viva Films)
- Alega Gang: Public Enemy No. 1 of Cebu (1988)
- Bagets Gang (1986)
- Public Enemy #2 (1985)
- Bala ko ang hahatol (1985)
- Bad Boy 2 (1992) (story and screenplay) (as Robinhood Padilla)
- Miss na miss kita: Ang Utol kong Hoodlum 2 (1992) (story and screenplay) (as Robinhood C. Padilla)
- Makuha ka sa tingin (kung puede lang) (1993) (story and screenplay) (as Robinhood Cariño Padilla)
- Hari ng Selda: Anak ni Baby Ama 2 (2002) (story and screenplay) (as Robinhood Cariño Padilla)
- Sigaw (2004) (story and screenplay) (as Robinhood C. Padilla)
|2010||KID Huwag kang Susuko||GMA Network|
|2009||Totoy Bato||Arturo "Totoy Bato" Magtanggol||GMA Network|
|2008||Joaquin Bordado||Joaquin Bordado/Joaquin Apacible||GMA Network|
|2007||Asian Treasures||Elias||GMA Network|
|2006||Pilipinas Ngayon Na!||ABS-CBN|
|2006||Kamao: Matira Matibay||Host||ABS-CBN|
|2003||Basta't Kasama Kita||Alberto Catindig||ABS-CBN|
|1999||Puwedeng Puwede||Berting Caguiat||ABS-CBN|