Friday, July 10, 2009

Gabriele Torsello

Kash" Gabriele Torsello is an Italian freelance journalist and photojournalist based in London who was abducted in Helmand Province, Afghanistan on 12 October 2006. Torsello, a Muslim convert, was released on 3 November 2006. He is author of The Heart of Kashmir.[1][2]

[edit] Kidnapping

Torsello was traveling on a bus from Helmand to Kandahar in southern Afghanistan when he was seized.

His captors moved him into a different location: "They arrived and opened the door. One of them grabbed me and took me out without letting me put my shoes on and without blindfolding me, a thing that they always did. He pushed me hard. I had the chains - I couldn't follow him and I had to jump to be able to follow him. I thought they were going to kill me. But they put me in a car instead." He was kept in chains in a windowless room during his captivity, living on a diet of potatoes and Afghan bread dipped in a water based soup.

[edit] Countries visited

No comments:

Post a Comment